Presbytery Office Reopening!
Beginning June 1st, the Presbytery office will reopen to visitors! We do ask that you continue to observe the appropriate protocols when visiting (i.e., sanitize your hands, wear a mask, socially distance, etc.) and to please stay home if you are not feeling well. The safety, health and wellness of everyone is first and foremost in our minds, so we are taking this step cautiously and will re-evaluate this change per the CDC and state government officials' guidance if needed.
We look forward to seeing you soon!
Expectations of Candidates
Candidates Appearing before the Presbytery of Western North Carolina Examinations Committee can expect to:
- Share a brief statement about your personal experience of faith and sense of call.
- What is your understanding of what it means to be called as a Minister of the Word and Sacrament?
- What are your dreams for this particular ministry?
- In examining your call, do you find yourself in conflict with any of PC(USA)'s ordination standards?
- Share an expression of your faith in God.
Questions will be in four specified areas of Theology, Bible, Polity and Sacraments and will cover such areas as:
Theology: Reflection on the sovereignty of God;
- the crucifixion and resurrection and what that means to you
- the Trinity
- sin and grace
Bible: Your understanding of the role of Scripture;
- Biblical Authority
Polity: Your understanding of the church;
- Mission of the Church
- A denominational statement - Why are you Presbyterian?
Sacraments: Your understanding of the role and importance of the Sacraments;
- In your own life
- In the life of the church