Presbytery of Western North Carolina
Candidates Appearing before the Presbytery of Western North Carolina Examinations Committee can expect to:
- Share a brief statement about your personal experience of faith and sense of call.
- What is your understanding of what it means to be called as a Minister of the Word and Sacrament?
- What are your dreams for this particular ministry?
- In examining your call, do you find yourself in conflict with any of PC(USA)'s ordination standards?
- Share an expression of your faith in God.
Questions will be in four specified areas of Theology, Bible, Polity and Sacraments and will cover such areas as:
Theology: Reflection on the sovereignty of God;
- the crucifixion and resurrection and what that means to you
- the Trinity
- sin and grace
Bible: Your understanding of the role of Scripture;
- Biblical Authority
Polity: Your understanding of the church;
- Mission of the Church
- A denominational statement - Why are you Presbyterian?
Sacraments: Your understanding of the role and importance of the Sacraments;
- In your own life
- In the life of the church